Tuesday, May 3, 2011

CLAMP love

Thank you everyone for your input in the previous post. I decided for now, I'll just stick to the paper books. I really should be saving up for a car. Just so happens I'm trying to win a Kindle. Who doesn't like free stuff?!

Now I don't read just books; I read comics as well. And by comics I mean manga. One of these days, I am going to stack my books and manga and see which is taller than me (I'm 5'0). The first manga I ever read was Cardcaptor Sakura by CLAMP. I loooooooove her. I had the notebooks (which I would probably never use), two comics/manga, and paper dolls. When I was a kid, there was Cardcaptors (US version) and I would get so excited every Saturday morning to watch it. It sucked by the way. But what do you expect from a dubbed version?



Cardcaptor Sakura is about a young girl who opens a book and all these cards fly out but one. Kero, guardian of the Book of Clow comes out and he's like, "What have you done?! Now you have to collect all the cards!" So Sakura and Kero have to search for the cards but things change when Syaoran, who is also a cardcaptor, wants to collect the cards as well.


CLAMP, the manga artists of Angelic Layer, Magic Knight Rayearth, Chobits (just to name a few), did a sort of spin off with Sakura and Syaoran as well as adding characters from their previous/current manga called Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and another series that ties in with it: xxxHolic.


TRC follows the story of the teenagers, Princess Sakura and Syaoran. Sakura is about to tell Syaoran that she loves him but something bad happens. All her memories in the form of feathers are scattered throughout different worlds and dimensions. Syaoran vows to collect her memories and with the help from a wizard, a ninja, and the adorable Mokona, they travel to different worlds to help the Princess and meet some familiar faces along the way.


In xxxHolic, Kimihiro Watanuki is cursed. Ever since he was a child, he could see spirits. One day walking home from school he sees an unusual shop that grants wishes. Yuko, a witch and owner of the shop will grant his wish to rid of the "gift" if he worked part time for her. His job is to do the chores and get her sake whenever she wants while encountering supernatural beings.

Both are exciting mangas, though TRC is more action and Holic is more supernatural. You don't necessarily have to read them together but if you want to know how 'so and so' happen then it won't kill you to read them. I have collected almost all volumes. I did skip a few though. There are 28 volumes total in TRC and I have volumes 1 - 10 then 16 - 20. Only reason I skipped was because I usually read the manga scans online.  For xxxHolic, I have volumes 1 - 11 out of 19. I probably won't be able to finish the series until... I don't know haha. Maybe when I see a good deal. Mangas are expensive ):

To the right is my CLAMP collection which includes Man of Many Faces, Cardcaptor Sakura, WISH, Chobits, xxxHolic, and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle.

If you're too lazy to read manga, TRC and xxxHolic have both been adapted into an anime series.

Thanks for reading and I apologize that it's so lengthy! I made a delicious lemon winter cake the other day and was thinking about posting it. So if you want some cake, say please! :D

15 comments:

  1. PLEASE!

    Also, reading manga doesn't take long. Last time I read one, it probably only took an hour to finish....and it was a pretty thick one (Kamikaze).

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! i never known a girl that has even heard of manga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pleaspleasepleasepleaseplease:D

    you're short, i have over a foot on you :C

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh chingu, you are my new best friend! I love Card Captor Sakura you have no idea. I watch that show so many times. I watched some TRC, didn't get into quite as much as my CCS, but it was alright. and yes I'd like some cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to have a little toy version of the clow book

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I have that clow book too, with the cards inside and everything, forgot about that. it's pretty baller.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would read more Manga if they were in color. I know I'm missing out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cake PLEASE!

    Also, xxxHolic is on my list... maybe I should put it to next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never read manga, but I still have boxes of old comic books (Mostly Marvel, few DC) in my closet.

    According to the internetz, some of my old issues are worth a few thousand dollars. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a big collection you have, my god
    i have strange books in my collection
    stuff like microeconomics philosophy metaphysics things of that sort
    i been wanting to buy comics and anime movies for a while now but my budget has been on a tight one these past months so i don't blame you for trying to get free stuff cause id be doing the same thing =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. you really like clamp! the only one I like is CCS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. idk if this is weird but i was a cardcaptors fan.. the show and they came out with a pretty good movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGOSH I miss our manga days. You know I still have some of your manga. :]

    ReplyDelete