Friday, April 22, 2011

The King's Speech

If you haven't seen The King's Speech, you are missing out! Directed by Tom Hooper; it stars Colin Firth (A Single Man, Love Actually), Helena Bonham Carter (Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1), and Geoffrey Rush (Pirates of the Caribbean, Munich) in this amazing historical drama.

It tells the true story of Prince Albert, Duke of York, who would eventually become King George VI. Unfortunately he is known to have a stuttering problem. His wife, Elizabeth hires Australian speech therapist, Lionel Logue to help Prince Albert overcome his stuttering.


The King's Speech has met critical acclaim and won numerous awards including an Academy Award for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor (Colin Firth), and Best Original Screenplay.

If you're a fan of the Harry Potter series, you may notice a little reunion with actors, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Gambion, and Timothy Spall, who play Bellatrix Lestrange, Albus Dumbledore, and Peter Pettigrew respectively. And if that doesn't get you to see the film, well... I pity you. :P

12 comments:

  1. I'll watch it just for the HP reunion. But naw, I've been wanting to see this I really should already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie was good, but I wanted Winter's Bone to win the oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post,
    Ill give you a cheezburger friend.
    Hope everyone supports this blog as well.

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was surprised how much I really enjoyed this film. Bummed that it swept all the major awards over Social Network & Black Swan...but still an awesome movie in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'll have to check it out, eh? Looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still have this in my rotation, waiting to get a couple of friends together to see it, but they're hard to motivate if it doesn't include blowing stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great movie, as a historyfag, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Youve convinced me, ill check it out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this film. I'm not one for gratuitous swearing, but the cussing portion was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I'm asking this question a lot lately, but is this film on VHS? I don't have a DVD player at the moment...

    ReplyDelete